The Provincial Council of Badajoz has hosted the third control meeting of the LIFE – My Building is Green project

The farm La Cocosa of the Diputación de Badajoz, has been the place chosen for the celebration of the third meeting of control and coordination of the European project LIFE – My Building is Green in which all the partners of the project belonging to Spain and Portugal have participated.

Due to capacity restrictions and in compliance with health security measures, a large part of the participants were able to attend the meeting via videoconference.

The overall objective of this project is to increase climate resilience in education buildings and social care services in the province of Badajoz, Porto and Évora by implementing Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) as prototypes of climate adaptation and improvement of well-being in real estate.

Alejandro Peña, Director of the Area of Rural Development and Sustainability, began the meeting by welcoming the rest of the partners and showed the lines of work that are being carried out by the provincial institution in the field of circular economy and fight against climate change.

After his speech, the rest of the meeting was based on developing the actions being carried out by each partner within the project and marking the next lines to be developed within it.

After the same, the project partners have been able to visit some of the candidate schools in which the NBS interventions will be carried out and work will be done on the installation and implementation of a prototype based on nature in facades, compartmentalization walls, roofs and roofs, exterior surfaces, etc.

In the case of the Provincial Institution, it is planned to implement Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) in the CEIP Gabriela Mistral de Solana de los Barros as shades on facades with climbing plant species; landscaped roofs, draining soils to reduce the volume of water to be treated in the sanitation network, pergolas and shaded canopies with plant species for the outdoor areas, as a pilot experience that allows to obtain conclusions to be able to extend these solutions to the remaining municipalities of the province, within the framework of the strategies of achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the Diputación de Badajoz.

This project is coordinated by the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), has Fundación CARTIF as a technological partner, and Comunidade Intermunicipal do Alentejo central (CIMAC), Cámara Municipal do Porto and Diputación de Badajoz, through the Area of Rural Development and Sustainability, as the partners that will carry out the actions in schools.The LIFE-myBUILDINGisGREEN LIFE17cca/en/00088 project is co-financed by the European Union through the LIFE Programme. It has a total budget of €2,854,102, of which 60% is contributed by the European Union, and the remaining 40% by the partners. The Provincial Council of Badajoz participates with a budget of € 443,593 and its actions are aligned in the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 13 (Climate Action).

Categories News